Face It specializes in mobile device screen repair on site in Medford, Oregon.
We pride ourselves in the highest quality replacement parts, state of the art equipment/tools/and techniques. Face It stocks many of the common mobile device model LCDs and glass replacements, and again pride ourselves on being able to special order for many of the less common and harder to find model replacement parts. Same day service is our goal! Prices will vary widely per model, and prices go down daily on these parts, so we recommend contacting your Face It mobile device expert (see information at the bottom of this page) either by email, phone or in person to get a price quote on your model.
LCD or glass only?
Some models qualify for a glass only replacement which can save you the customer some money. You would need to contact us to see if your model qualifies or if you have a model that requires a full LCD/glass replacement.
Glass only replacement
If you are looking into a glass only replacement on Samsung Galaxy phone models you want to make sure that they are using the correct glue (loca) to adhere the glass to the LCD, and a controlled temperature heating pad to remove the glass. There are cheaper methods out there, but using adhesive instead of the conductive loca glue can lead to a space between the glass and the LCD which can cause a rainbow effect on the screen, as well as often causing touch receptiveness problems. Using an unregulated heat source to remove the broken glass from the LCD can cause further damage to the phones other parts including irreversible board damage. Although there is always risk when working on electronics devices, proper equipment, tools, and training can limit the possibility of these issues.
Here are just a few of the mobile devices Face It can repair/replace broken LCD/glass:
- Apple iPhone 3/3g/4/4s/5/5c/5s/6/6+/6s/6s+/7/7+ cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Apple iPad 1/2/3/4/Air/mini cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Most Blackberry phone models cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Most HTC phone models cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Most Huawei phone models cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- LG G/G2/G3/G4/G5 (and most other LG phone and Tablet models) cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Most Motorola phone models cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Most Nokia phone models cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Samsung Galaxy s1/s2/s3/s4/s5/s6/s7/Edge/Notes (& most other Samsung phone models) cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Samsung Galaxy Note/Tab (& most other Samsung Tablets) cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- Sony-Ericsson phone models cracked screen repair, onsite in Medford, Oregon
- & many other brands and models….
WHAT DO I DO WHEN MY MOBILE DEVICE OR PHONE SCREEN BREAKS OR CRACKS?
- If you are on a Post Paid plan you can check with your provider to see if you are eligible for a new phone at a discounted rate in conjunction with a contract renewal. These days most of the carriers also offer a “financing” option for your new phone. But, be careful, the renewal will likely lock you into a higher rate than you would pay if you did not get the new phone or if you go with the finance option (but the finance option will generally still bump your monthly bill up to about the same cost of the higher rate plan the carrier will give you with the renewal option, at least until you pay the phone off). In some cases the cost of repair is still less than your cost for renewal/upgrade on the phone of your choice.
- Check with your carrier to see if you have insurance on your phone and what the deductible will be in order to see if that option makes sense for you. There is often a waiting period involved for them to ship you your phone, and don’t forget to get your information off your cracked/broken phone before you ship it back to them. Often the deductible for the phone will still be more than the cost of repair.
- If neither the insurance, renewal, or financing options are good for you, there are cell phone repair shops that will most likely be able to repair/replace your cracked screen. The advantage there is that you can often get your phone back within the same day and you don’t have to worry about losing or transferring all of your contacts, pictures and apps, etc. The cost can range widely depending mostly on the phone model. The newer the model, generally the higher the price. There can also be a difference depending on if the LCD is broken or just the glass/digitizer. Some models can have the glass only replaced which is usually less expensive. But beware! Glass only generally needs a special glue (called Loca) in order to avoid an empty space between the glass and the LCD which can cause issues with dust and touch operation. Some places try to use adhesive strips around the edges instead of the Loca, which is a less time consuming and less expensive process, but usually ends in a poor end result. Cell Phone repair technicians that use loca often have the best equipment for application as well. Correct application requires a heating plate and ultraviolet lights to cure the glue.
- If none of these options are affordable to you at the time, some people will purchase a screen protector to temporarily hold the glass in place and avoid getting cut by broken glass when operating the phone. This only works if the glass only is broken and the LCD is still affording a picture behind the broken glass.